It’s time to face facts: We’re waist—if not neck—deep in a river of bad economic mojo. Severe stock market fluctuations have become routine, and with each sick-making dip in the economy comes growing fears about the safety of workers’ 401(k) investments, their benefits, and their jobs.
Order this in-depth 90-minute audio conference about how to strategically – and effectively – address your workers’ fears.
Our speaker, an expert in talent management and organizational effectiveness, will explain:
- HR’s role during this tough time
- Communication strategies for dealing with tough questions about the safety of employees’ 401(k) investments, the financial soundness of your organization, and potential layoffs
- Succession planning and talent management issues that need immediate attention
- Strategies for making sure key talent stays during turbulent times
- How to maximize company loyalty and productivity, keep morale up, and lower the risk of employees jumping ship for seemingly more stable waters
- Creative solutions for maintaining employee engagement when pay cuts are necessary
- The levels of management that should be involved in devising your strategy, and how to get them onboard
- Real-life examples of how some employers are coping with the financial mess
This audio conference will be recorded on Wednesday, December 10, 2008
About Your Speaker:
Edie Goldberg, the founder of E. L. Goldberg & Associates, has specialized in talent management and organizational effectiveness for over 20 years. She focuses her practice on designing HR systems to attract, engage, develop and retain employees. Dr. Goldberg, who previously led a companywide initiative that resulted in groundbreaking research on employee perceptions regarding what attracts and retains them at Towers Perrin, earned her Ph.D. in industrial and organizational psychology from the University of Albany, State University of New York. She is a member of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, the American Psychological Association, and the Human Resources Planning Society, and is the founder of the Bay Area Applied Psychologists. She is also the president of the HR Strategy Forum, the California affiliate for the Human Resource Planning Society.
Approved for Recertification Credit
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification.